TOPICS TO BE COVERED- may include but are not limited to:
- “The Chameleon Instructor”
- Essentials of instruction theory and techniques
- Advanced instruction theory and techniques
- Mounting & Dismounting
- Creative volunteer utilization and management
- Lesson planning
- Student progression
- Video reviews and analysis (therapeutic/adaptive lesson OR CTRI application lesson/pattern)
- Live teaching reviews and analysis (therapeutic/adaptive lesson OR CTRI application lesson/pattern)
- Equine welfare and management during lessons
- Instructor assessments and goal setting
- Common tack and equipment adaptations and modifications
- CTRI Certification Prep & Planning Q&A during lunch period
This clinic is an excellent way to not only grow as an instructor and take your teaching to the next level but also earn CEUs that can be recognized by multiple certifying organizations!
AUDIT vs. PARTICIPANT:
PARTICIPANT– Participants will get to: Bring a video of them teaching a lesson or CTRI pattern for certification at their home arena. This video will be discussed and analyzed during the clinic and the instructor’s strengths and areas of growth with be identified so they have a plan of action beyond the clinic.
Participants will also be able to teach a mock lesson OR CTRI pattern in person during the clinic so they have a chance to apply concepts learned during the clinic and the feedback given during their video. Participants will have a choice of TR lesson with students OR the CTRI pattern for certification. NOTE: the CTRI pattern is practice only and may not be recorded for submission with your application.
Participants will get hands-on practice during mounting and dismounting and other practical application portions of the clinic. Lunch on clinic days included.
AUDITORS– Auditors will be allowed to listen and observe all portions of the clinic and will be able to participate in the discussion and questions.
Auditors may be asked to participate as mock volunteers or mock students during practical application portions of the clinic. Auditors will not directly participate during hands-on learning times (ex: mounting and dismounting practice, live teaching, etc.) but can observe and ask questions during this time.
Rental Car, Uber, or Lyft are recommended as your means of transportation between the airport and the Hoof Falls & Footfalls barn.
Interested in splitting a car rental fee? Let Saebra know and she will pass on your contact information to other attendees that are also interested in cost sharing.
There are several Airbnb and Hotels in reasonable driving distance of the Hoof Falls & Footfalls Barn
- Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem 12.5 miles from HF&F
- Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley 14.9 miles from HF&F
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix North/Happy Valley 15.2 miles from HF&F
- Airbnb (below are options equal to or less than a hotel room)
- Epic Casita 3-4 miles from HF&F (could share with another attendee)
- Private Guest House 2-3 miles from HF&F
- Private Guest Suite 1-2 miles from HF&F (could share with another guest)
- Townhome 15 min drive from HF&F (3 separate beds)
- Many other options available but above listed are the most affordable
Interested in splitting lodging fees? Let Saebra know and she will pass on your contact information to other attendees that are also interested in cost sharing.
Meet your clinician:
Saebra is the owner and founder of Hoof Falls & Footfalls, LLC where she specializes in teaching adaptive riding lessons as well as providing in-person, online, and remote clinics geared towards instructor education, coaching, and development.
She is a lifelong equestrian and has been immersed in the EAAT industry since early 2008 where she has since received multiple certifications and training through PATH Intl. and CHA. She has a passion for building up and educating instructors through in-person and online educational opportunities.
Grow and empower quality instructors = growing the number of lives impacted through high-quality adaptive equine activities.