Presented by Advanced Therapeutic Horseback Riding Instructor Jenny Nell Hartung
BEFORE YOU ENROLL IN THIS COURSE: Please create a “user account” through Hoof Falls and Footfalls. If you do not already have one, you can create a free one HERE and checkout using “free account” option.
Come back to this page once you pay, scroll to the bottom, and you will be able to access all the content!
You will have 30 days from date of purchase to access the online course and certificate of completion
You should be able to access the course immediately once purchased. However, in some cases there may be a slight delay in the ability to access the course while PayPal transfers the information to this learning platform (this will not take away from your 48 hours to watch the webinar). If you cannot access the course within a few hours of purchasing, please email email@example.com and we will resolve the issue.
Certificate of Completion Available!
2 Hours of Learning
Completing all parts of this presentation will result in achieving 2 hours of education focused on instruction techniques, disability education, horse conformation, and theory behind choosing mounts for students with and without disabilities.
Notice to IIC Members: If you are a current Member of The Intuitive Instructor Club you already have full access to this course.
Join The Intuitive Instructor Club to save $ on educational hours and gain immediate access online learning that has been developed specifically for instructors in the EAAT industry. IIC Members get 2+ hours of new content each month AND immediate access to the current 30+ hours of videos, presentations, and lectures.
Certificate of Completion available! Watch Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 and complete the short review quizzes to receive a Certificate of Completion showing 2 hours of learning that focused on instruction techniques, disability education, horse conformation, and theory behind choosing mounts for students. Please note that you will not be able to mark a video as ‘complete’ until you have completed the full time of the video there is a back end course timer). Your Certificate of Completion will be available on this page!
What Will You Learn?
Part 2- Horse Conformation
- Understand the basics of evaluating the conformation and balance of an equine
- Learn the different shapes made by the horse’s rib cage and back and their impact on the rider
- Understand the difference of how balanced, downhill, and uphill built horses may impact the rider
- Understand how riders with typical muscle tone may change their body in response to the balance of the horse
Part 3- Putting it all Together with Emphasis on Abnormal Muscle Tone
- What is muscle tone?
- Learn the difference between hypotonia, spacticity, hypertonia, and clonus
- Learn what disabilities may present with abnormal muscle tone
- Understand how abnormal muscle tone impacts your rider
- Learn how the stretch reflex may impact mucle tone
- Learn commonly accepted practices to increase muscle tone while riding
- Learn commonly accepted practices to decrease muscle tone while riding
This presentation was offered at an International conference in 2015 and was a group project. Jenny would like to recognize the following individuals for their contributions to the original compilation and presentation of this topic:
- Original Course & Content Design: Jenny Nell Hartung, Sandy Webster
- Original Team Leaders: Teresa Morris, Marsha Anderson, Octavia Brown, Marci Bender