BEFORE YOU ENROLL IN THIS WEBINAR: Please create a “user account” through Hoof Falls and Footfalls. If you do not already have one, you can create a free one HERE and checkout using “free account” option.
Come back to this page once you pay, scroll to the bottom, and you will be able to access the content!
Once enrolled, you will have 14 days access to the online course and certificate of completion.
You should be able to access the content immediately once purchased. However, in some cases there may be a slight delay in the ability to access the webinar due to various technology platforms interacting. If you cannot access the content within a few hours of purchasing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue.
CERTIFICATE of Completion Available!
60 Minutes of Learning!
Continuing Education Information: Completing all parts of this presentation will result in the member completing 60 minutes of education that focuses on learning the benefits of a miniature horse program and how to start, implement, and sustain this type of program.
This has been formally approved by PATH Intl. to meet 1 hour of continuing education counted as General Education (CE) for Certified Professionals.
About this Webinar:
Listen in to learn about an exciting new program opportunity! Previously thought to be unreachable communities can now be accessed through a miniature horse learning program. Due to the overall climate in the world, now is a better time than ever to connect with these communities to address social emotional learning and so much more.
Objectives of this webinar
- Understand the need for a miniature horse-based curriculum in your area.
- Understand how and where to find funding.
- Understand the different learning areas to target in the curriculum, including example activities and exercises.
- Understand the need for desensitization of the miniature horses for the curriculum.
- Understand how to get connected with schools, nursing homes, group homes, etc.
- Understand the importance of building relationships with other organizations in your community
Reasons why Miniature horses are a great partner for learning:
- Easily transported
- Less intimidating than a normal sized horse
- Minis come in many shapes, colors and sizes allowing for great conversation and comparison between topics
- Easier for individuals to move around and touch
- Great way to introduce individuals to horses and experience a horse in person
- Provides great conversation for individuals to relive past experiences and share their personal stories
Possible topics to discuss within the curriculum:
- Intro to horses
- Health and Nutrition
Meet Your Presenter
Cassidy Fredrickson OTR/L, CTRI
Cassidy Fredrickson joined the HETRA team as a volunteer in 2014. Cassidy started working at HETRA in 2018 when she became a PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor and now also works as an occupational therapist since 2019. In addition to treating participants in our adaptive riding and therapy services programs, Cassidy is also involved with the Life Skills Program, Job Coaching Program through NE VR, and has been a part of HETRA University. Cassidy has a Bachelor’s in Rehabilitative Studies, with a Minor in Psychology and a Masters in Occupational Therapy from the College of Saint Mary.
This webinar was produced by HETRA University
At HETRA, we are committed to providing high-quality education and programming to our participants and community, but that commitment isn’t restricted to the boundaries of the HETRA campus. Now, our Instructors and Therapists can share their wealth of knowledge with you in your very own home! Through these online materials, HETRA can continue to teach and serve our community regardless of the obstacles that are preventing our community from coming out to the barn. Please take a moment to explore some of the great content our staff have put together for you, and let us know what other topics you’d like us to cover!