Who can benefit from one-on-one mentoring?
Whether you are:
....Feeling stuck in a rut with your teaching....
....An instructor just starting out and looking to learn more about tried and true techniques....
....A seasoned professional looking to keep all aspects of your lessons fresh....
....An instructor working towards the next level of a certification in adaptive riding....
....An instructor wanting to increase student satisfaction while still maintaining safety and happy lesson horses....
Mentoring is for you!!!
Hoof Falls & Footfalls strives to provide professional, affordable remote mentoring to equine instructors to help them be the most effective instructor possible to all ability students...meaning that our mentoring services are suitable for instructors who teach traditional (able-bodied) AND adaptive (special needs) students. The techniques and information we share are tried and true no matter who or what you teach!
Mentoring packages listed below are 'remote' meaning you receive one-on-one mentoring from the comfort of your own arena thanks to technology! If you are interested in in-person mentoring please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Intro Package: 1 Lesson Consult
Try out Hf & FF's Custom Mentoring services by taking advantage of this introductory package
- Review of ONE recorded lesson (30min max)
- Detailed written feedback of submitted lesson
- ONE phone call (30min max) to discuss Instructor's goals and review lesson
2 Lesson Mentoring Package
- Review of TWO recorded lessons (30min maximum each)
- Detailed written feedback of submitted lessons
- ONE phone call (up to 30 minutes) to discuss Instructor's goals and review lessons
Certification Readiness Assessment
(for those attempting Registered Level Therapeutic Riding Certification. Going for Advanced? Contact for pricing)
$55 per assessment
- Review of ONE recorded ride (30 minute maximum)
- Review of ONE recorded lesson (30 minute maximum)
- Review of lesson plan for recorded lesson
- Detailed written feedback for submitted ride, lesson, and lesson plan with targeted goals to help final preparation for certification
- ONE phone call (up to 30 minutes) to review information, answer questions, etc.
- Text message support for questions about certification or feedback during assessment time.
Certification Geared Mentoring
(specifically geared towards those working towards certifications)
$20 per lesson or ride reviewed
- Review of ONE recorded ride or lesson (30 minute maximum)
- Review of lesson plan if applicable
- Detailed written feedback of submitted ride or lesson & lesson plan
- Regular check-in phone calls, texts, or live chats to talk about progress, goals, troubleshooting, etc.
Note: Individuals wishing to receive mentoring horse for instructor certifications must submit a riding and teaching video (see Certification Readiness Assessment) prior to being accepted for mentoring hours. The assessment of the riding and teaching serves as a baseline to ensure the mentee is at an experience level suitable for remote mentoring.